We are seeking a senior-level copywriter who can execute compelling, on-brand copy for strategic solutions, brand development and activation, ad campaigns, product launches, digital initiatives and marketing communications. Headlines, copy (both short and long form) and big ideas are a must. You will assist with copy-editing and re-writes to ensure brand alignment. You will collaborate with the creative director, art directors/designers, strategists, account team and other writer/editors to concept, present, revise and execute copy for innovative, idea-driven solutions. A brilliant portfolio is a must.
Skills and Duties:
- Apply research, problem-solving and creative thinking to translate creative briefs into compelling, on-brand ideas and content
- Consistently offer innovative ways to evolve the brands while keeping a consistent brand voice
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in the defined timeline
- Ensure that copy solutions meet brand standards and requirements (style, voice, tone, etc.) and that verbal and visual expressions work hand-in-hand
- Contribute to the development of client presentations
- Actively pursue creative growth and development through experience, exposure, and education
- Actively identify, recommend, and participate in development of improvements in workflow, processes, creative outcomes, etc.
- Keep up with new trends in communications technology, including social media and other digital platforms
The Ideal Candidate is:
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience in an ad agency or in-house creative group; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, print, product launches, event-based communication and digital initiatives
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write in a wide variety of formats, tones and styles
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and write on-brand, compelling copy in a variety of communication forms, e.g. reportage, promotional, technical, etc.
- Ability to work fluently in current office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to foster collaboration and inspire confidence with peers, colleagues, and partners; build relationships across disciplines, both internal partners and external partners, e.g. vendors.
- Demonstrates ability to see many perspectives; desire to understand other people’s passions, experiences
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to manage projects from brief to delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects and consistently deliver work on deadline
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, communication and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to deliver strong creative ideas while working on multiple projects (on various topics)
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, life, dental, vision and disability insurance; 401k plan; parking and more.
Send resume, portfolio link and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include “Senior Copywiter” Or mail to: Traction Factory, 247 S. Water Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204.